One simple and quick thing you can do today to have an immediate impact on employee engagement.
Take 5 minutes in the morning while you’re having a coffee, or even on the train to fill out the attached sheet. How well do you know your staff? Do you even rate that as important? Well it is. It’s really important. Why?
Knowing your team, showing your genuine interest, demonstrates you value and respect them. In return they will respect you and take interest in what’s important to you. It’s amazing what you might learn if you take a little time:
- important things that help you understand what makes a person tick;
- why they are up or down; and
- importantly what you can do to help with issues and opportunities.
It’s good business, it’s feel good business.
Employee Engagement is as much a reflection of your behavior as theirs.
Take five minutes to fill out this quiz regarding your knowledge of 5 to 10 of your closest employees.
- What’s their partner’s name?
- Where do they live? – (suburb’s enough, don’t be a stalker).
- How many children do they have and what are their names? – (if they don’t have kids, they may have a much loved pet).
- What do they love doing, what are they passionate about? It might not be your fascination, but it’s certainly theirs, so it’s really important to them?
- What did they do on the weekend or what have they got planned? Do you know? Have you asked? Show you care and ask the question.
|Employee Name||Partners name||Where they live||Childrens name & age||Hobbies||Weekend activities||Score|
It probably doesn’t matter so much what your score is, its more about your intention to improve it.So go to work today on improving your score and you will be amazed what a difference it makes to your relationship with your employees and ultimately their engagement.